Christmas Contradiction

I'm not religious at all and I know people are going to bash me for saying this but what the fuck christians? For those of you that are SO into your religion you have the wool covered over your eyes by corporate America. Not like non christians don't but if I remember correctly CHRISTmas was a CHRISTian holiday which makes it even more ironic.

Now first thing, we're celebrating the death of our savior? See this is what I don't get. There are tons of leaders of countries or just amazing people throughout history and 90% of them don't get a holiday, specifically one celebrating their death, which is like putting another nail in them (pun intended).

Granted I bypass that small detail, the idea has transformed from celebrating and sending prayers to the savior, we give expensive gifts to our families because we're programmed that way by corporate america.

Who represents this holy holiday? A big fatass who owns (8?) magical reindeer who can fly. Now you have to put out bait in the form of cookies to to lure the fatty to your house for the presents and then he puts on some richard simmons tapes and exercises his way down your chimney only to get fat again, starting another cycle.

Christmas is a lie. Ho ho hash.

  1. Comment by Leith on December 22, 2007 at 9:05 PM

    We don't celebrate the death of the Savior. We celebrate his birth (christmas) and his resurrection (easter).

    Yes, corporate america is evil. Yes, the church is corrupt. Yes, a lot of Christians are missing the point.

    But the message is not corrupt. The gift of salvation is not a lie. The love of a Father who would send his only innocent Son to be sacrificed and martyred by our hands in order to save us, is a miracle and a blessing.

  2. Comment by tubbytango on December 24, 2007 at 10:40 AM

    eyelove will. Christmas= Jesus's Birth...lol